Use of Your Personal Data
Your personal data (such as name, e-mail address and mobile number) is collected and stored primarily during the registration process, but is also monitored when there is activity on your account and when you use the Website. We will only collect, retain and process personal data to the extent that it is necessary for one of the following purposes:
- assisting us in setting up and managing your account;
- passing your personal data to a trusted third party in order to validate your registration information and to confirm your identity and age. This third party will check any details we disclose to them against any databases to which they have access and will keep a record of that check;
- building an accurate customer profile;
- publicising the fact that you have won a prize in an I Can Have It competition, by publishing your name and town of residence on the I Can Have It Website and in other promotional materials;
- disclosing your personal data to third parties in performing our obligations under the Terms and Conditions, for example, passing relevant information to suppliers and sub-contractors; and/or
- disclosing your personal data to third parties to the extent that disclosure by us is required as a matter of law, to enforce the Terms and Conditions and/or protect our rights under the Terms and Conditions.
E-mail addresses may be:
- used by us to send to registered members notifications relating to the Website;
- used by us to send to each registered member (with the express permission of that registered member) updates, offers, a newsletter or news regarding I Can Have It Website;
- To stop receiving all email communciation from us, please follow the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
- supplied by us (with the express permission of the relevant registered members) to our trusted partners and third parties in order that they can send to registered members information, offers and other material which may be of interest, but are not otherwise shared by us or displayed on the Website.
- In the event that we sell or otherwise dispose of some or all of our business relating to I Can Have It and/or the Website to another party, we reserve the right to transfer your personal data as part of any assets sold or disposed.
By using this Website, you consent to the collection and use of personal data as set out above by I Can Have It Ltd and subsidiaries, licensors and affiliates of I Can Have It Limited.
You acknowledge and agree that some functions of our business relating to the Website may be outsourced by us to third party service providers. In such cases, you agree that the personal data we collect may be used by such third parties on our behalf for the purposes set out above.
Other Collection Information
From time-to-time, we may request information from you via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and, therefore, you have the choice of whether or not to disclose such information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name, correspondence address and telephone number), and demographic information (such as postcode or age). Before collecting any such information we will inform you of the purposes for which we may use the information.
If you win a lot as a result of your participation in an I Can Have It competition, you agree to take part in reasonable post-auction publicity as described in Condition 11.3 of the Terms and Conditions.
Security & Data Retention
We are committed to ensuring the security of all your personal details and employ rigorous security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Our systems have been developed with encryption software and secure socket layer technology, and are rigorously tested on a regular basis. All banking details and transactions are also protected by firewalls with a view to ensuring the security of all personal information and your complete peace of mind. Our employees do NOT have access to your card details. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties. We will hold your personal data as long as you remain a registered member of the Website (or so long as we are required to hold your personal data by law, if longer). If you (as a registered member) want to remove your personal data from the Website database, you may do so by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying your name, username and e-mail address.
The Website uses "cookies". Please refer to our Cookies Policy section.
I Can Have It Limited
11th Floor Portland House
London SW1E 5BH
Updated November 2014